Clear all

Inverse matrix in UMAT using Mathematica

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@Denials)

Hello!

I need some advice or suggestion about calculation of inverse of a badly conditioned matrix in umat. It is not possible to solve system of linear equations instead, because algorithm cannot be modified in that way. I tried IMSL libraries and routine DLSGRR gives good results. Problem is that I cannot link IMSL libraries with Abaqus. I also tried with MKL libraries which I succsessfully linked with Abaqus, but the problem is that they dont give good results. In Mathematica I used PseudoInverse which gave good results so Im thinking to link Fortran with Mathematica to calculate inverse of a matrix in Mathematica and then continue calculations in Fortran. Does anybody have any suggestion how to link them or any other idea? I read some posts and found that is necessary to program a link in C but I dont know any programming in C. Sorry on my english.

1 Reply
(@jorgen)

You can link Fortran and Mathematica. You can do this in c, but I think you can also create the interface directly in Fortran. Check your Fortran documentation.

-Jorgen

1 Reply
Share: