Search
Close this search box.
Notifications
Clear all

how to model anisotropic hyperelastic material in Abaqus?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 jose
Topic starter
(@jose)

Hi,

I am a beginner of Abaqus.

Now I need to use the keyword Anisotropic Hyperelastic to model an anisotropic hyperelastic shell model. But I cant find the anisotropic hyperelastic material from Materials in Abaqus.

Do I have to create a .f file to realize the computation? Is there anyone who can give me some suggestions on what I shall do?

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Best,

Ivy

Topic Tags
5 Replies
(@jorgen)

You should be able to use the anisotropic hyperelastic models that are available in Abaqus without using a user-subroutine.

-Jorgen

Topic Tags
5 Replies
 jose
Topic starter
(@jose)

Hello Jorgen,

Thank you for your reply.

But when I choose material->mechanics->elastic->hyperelastic, I cant find the model corresponding to anisotropic hyperelastic behavior (Hozapfel-Gasswer-Ogden). So first of all, I even cant input the material properties and create a .inp file by Abaqus. Besides, I dont know how to prescribe the fiber direction in Abaqus. Could you please give me some suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Ivy

[QUOTE=Jorgen,4167]You should be able to use the anisotropic hyperelastic models that are available in Abaqus without using a user-subroutine.

-Jorgen

(@jorgen)

It is possible that Abaqus/CAE does not yet support the anisotropic hyperelastic models. Unfortunately, not all features of Abaqus is available in CAE yet 🙁

You can check the manuals to find out...

Instead what you can do is to add the anisotropic hyperelastic commands and values directly into the inp-file.

You can prescribe the fiber orientations by defining a local coordinate system and then refer to that coordinate system in your section definition.

jose
Topic starter
(@jose)

Thank you Jorgen, you are so nice!

Yes, youre right. The only way is to manfully modify the input file...

Wish you have a nice a weekend~~~~ 🙂

[QUOTE=Jorgen,4179]It is possible that Abaqus/CAE does not yet support the anisotropic hyperelastic models. Unfortunately, not all features of Abaqus is available in CAE yet 🙁

You can check the manuals to find out...

Instead what you can do is to add the anisotropic hyperelastic commands and values directly into the inp-file.

You can prescribe the fiber orientations by defining a local coordinate system and then refer to that coordinate system in your section definition.

(@leopoldo17)

Dear Jose, 

How dou you solve your problem? I've the same situation but with rubber, Im already have the HGO parameters (lab test) but do no find how to input this on Abaqus 6.10 

Share: