Notifications
Clear all

Drucker Prager and Creep in Abaqus

mehtabpathan
Topic starter
(@mehtabpathan)

Dear colleagues,

I am working with Abaqus on modeling crustal behavior. Colleagues use Abaqus as standard in geodynamics. I have been using another one, research FEA code more flexible specially for material behavior. For this reason, I was surprised to

how abaqus is considering creep with DP criteria.

My question is why the creep with DP in abaqus is pressure-dependent ? I understand that Frictional plasticity is pressure-dependant because of the physics of frictional material behavior that is dependant on pressure, but

I am confused to read that even the creep is pressure dependant: We can have very high shearing without flowing if under high hydrostatic pressure !!! This link explains all this.

[url] http://abaqus.me.chalmers.se/v6.11/books/usb/default.htm?startat=pt03ch06s02at01.html [/url]

Could anyone help me in understanding the physics of this creep behavior ?

Best regards,

3 Replies
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

What material are you studying? The DP model is basically a convenient phenomenological model...

-Jorgen

3 Replies
mehtabpathan
Topic starter
(@mehtabpathan)

[QUOTE=Jorgen,11717]What material are you studying? The DP model is basically a convenient phenomenological model...

-Jorgen[/QUOTE]

I am studying the crustal rocks behavior and considering an Elsatic-Viscous-Plastic model with DP criteria.

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

I have worked on rock mechanics, but that was some time ago. Perhaps someone else has more ideas...
Best of luck.

-Jorgen

Share: