Notifications
Clear all

ANSYS or abaqus regarding plasticity modeling

msaravia
Topic starter
(@msaravia)

dear all,

In abaqus for the plasticity there is only one term for Chaboche model while in Ansys it has 4 terms for plasticity constitutive model. Has anyone tried the plasticty modeling and the choboche model in ANSYS or ABAQUS. Please suggest me how t go about doing this.

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

I am assuming that you are referring to the model by Lemaitre and Chaboche (1990) for non-linear kinematic hardening and metal plasticity.

This material model is available in ABAQUS through the keywords: *Plastic, *Potential, and *Cyclic hardening.

I have not used this model since it does not have much direct value for polymers. If you read through the ABAQUS manuals you should be able to figure out how to select appropriate material parameters.

I am curious, what material and application are you studying?

- Jorgen

Topic Tags
5 Replies
msaravia
Topic starter
(@msaravia)

hi,

I am trying to model the racheting behavior in low carbon steel. I am not very used to ABAQUS . However as u suggested i went through and I think it is again only for drucker and pragers model . there is no mention of chaboche.

yeah u were correct on chaboche but i dont think abaqus has encoporated that model yet.

It is there is ansys . I am still figuring out to model the ratcheting behavior.

Still have done the thermal analysis but the other parts are yet undone. So IF you can help whether the chaboche model is there in ABAQUS or not.

thanking you.

PER
 PER
(@PER)
Eminent Member

Chaboche model is in abaqus. It should have been there since quite early version. it is called Nonlinear isotropic/kinematic hardening model.

jaksonmv
(@jaksonmv)
Eminent Member

Chboche

Hello,

its the damage viscoplastic CHBOCHE model exists in Abaqus?

If it exists, we call on how in Abacus,

Thank you

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

I dont quite recall, but I think the kinematic hardening model in Abaqus is the same as the Chaboche model. You should check the Manuals to verify and to find useage examples.

- Jorgen

Share: