Notifications
Clear all

Stress Triaxiality in ABAQUS

Page 3 / 3

GustavSad
Topic starter
(@GustavSad)

[QUOTE=Kumar Kurambakurash,5904]Id like to see your derivations for the algorithmic portion regarding Chows approach. I think that once one takes into account anisotropic damage, principal damage values should be utilized in comparison with the damage threshold.

Do you take anisotropic damage rate at the identical eigenvector space of stress rate or plastic strain rate?[/QUOTE]

Hi Kumar,

Do you take anisotropic damage rate at the identical eigenvector space of stress rate or plastic strain rate..

I didnt get this exactly. I doubt whether I am answering your question..

My derivation is a collection from PROF CHOWS papers. I havent added anything new in that but derived in a systematic fashion after going through around 10 of his papers..

Actually I have them in hard copy. Regarding critical damage Chow has assumed a Z function which intern will be a function of principles damage values, but this is his assumption But physically I feel there is no strong evidence for this. Infact i think that similar to equivalent plastic strain or stress one can think of a scalar quantity like equivalent damage (but how to calculate this???) would be a better option for comparison with critical damage_experimental.

Regarding your query, related to damage rate.. Damage growth law comes from the damage potential which is a function of damage strain energy release rate which intern is a function of stress tensor and intern the multiplier D-LAMBDA comes from plastic consistency and will involve equivalent plastic strain rate..

Regards,

Rohith

lynx
 lynx
(@lynx)
Trusted Member

Hi Rohiht,

I have sent you the link of the thesis that I have used in my derivations.

You can reach the citet references there also.

Best

Kumar

lynx
 lynx
(@lynx)
Trusted Member

By the way I will be glad if you may send me your masters thesis..if its related to the studies of Chow and coworkers...

Page 3 / 3
Share: