Clear all

Heat transfer analysis HETVAL

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@GilgaMesh)

Dear Abaqus users,

I have problem need for advice: In heat transfer analysis, I want to input temperature values for every elements (or nodes) at every time steps during analysis. What subroutine I should use? HETVAL? And how to use it? because Abaqus manual for HETVAL is not much and not clear.

Thank you very much for your time

Best regards,

Anh

Topic Tags
4 Replies
(@jorgen)

I believe that you can directly specify the temperature by using the temperature degree of freedom (DOF). I believe it is DOF=11 or 12.
Check the manual for more details.

-Jorgen

Topic Tags
4 Replies
Topic starter
(@GilgaMesh)

Dear Mr. Jorgen,

Would you please to give me a brief explanation about temperature degree of freedom. I cannot find its definition in the manual.

Thank you very much

Anh

(@jorgen)

Check out, for example, Section 25.1.4 Three-dimensional solid element library in the Analysis Users Manual. That section specifies that the temperature DOF is #11.

-Jorgen

(@Derek9)

Dear Dr Jorgen,
I was wondering if you could give me some advice in this area as well. I am trying to find the average temperature of a surface and then substitute this average to a sink temperature in FILM subroutine. I dont have any ideas how to define the average temperature of a surface. I used TEMP subroutine function but it is for average temperature of an element.
Please find a copy of subroutine below:
SUBROUTINE FILM(H,SINK,TEMP,KSTEP,KINC,TIME,NOEL,NPT,
1 COORDS,JLTYP,FIELD,NFIELD,SNAME,NODE,AREA)
C
INCLUDE ABA_PARAM.INC
C
DIMENSION H(2),TIME(2),COORDS(3), FIELD(NFIELD)
CHARACTER*80 SNAME
H(1)=1.5
SINK=TEMP
RETURN
END

Thank you !
Hoomina
[IMG] [/IMG]

Share: