Notifications
Clear all

Abaqus gpu support

Page 1 / 3

atlas09
Topic starter
(@atlas09)
Trusted Member

I am looking for a list of Abaqus 6.12 compatible graphics cards for GPU computations support. If anyone knows anything about this subject please advice me.

Thanks in advance.

Topic Tags
15 Replies
unrahul
(@unrahul)

[QUOTE=mech5243,9990]I am looking for a list of Abaqus 6.12 compatible graphics cards for GPU computations support. If anyone knows anything about this subject please advice me.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I use the tesla C2075 from Nvidia card with abaqus 6.12-2. I think other cards are also supported but unfortunately I dont have a list.

GPU acceleration is only possible for the standard symmetric solver. The explicit and unsymmetric solver could be supported in future releases.

Topic Tags
15 Replies
atlas09
Topic starter
(@atlas09)
Trusted Member

Thanks for the reply! And lets assume that i have a compatible card then the only think i have to do is to add a flag gpu=Nvidia in command line? No other configurations are needed?

AAAAAA
(@AAAAAA)
Eminent Member

Hi to all, I am new in this forum. I installed in labs computer a new abaqus version the 6.12.1. On that computer there is an Ati Radeon 5400 HD and on an other one an NVIDIA ,cuda ready, GeForce 8600 GT. How to use the gpgpu acceleration? From commandline or by the jobs menu it doesnt work there is a guide to perform this acceleration?
Best regards

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

I believe all you need to do is to add the command line argument: gpu=Nvidia when you start Abaqus.
It is quite possible that you cannot do that through the Abaqus/CAE interface.

-Jorgen

AAAAAA
(@AAAAAA)
Eminent Member

[QUOTE=Jorgen,10292]I believe all you need to do is to add the command line argument: gpu=Nvidia when you start Abaqus.

It is quite possible that you cannot do that through the Abaqus/CAE interface.

-Jorgen[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for your reply, I tried in the command line to di this:

C:\temp abaqus gpu=Nvidia

But The program returns an error message that the keyword of GPU must ne an integer. I tried to use a number but it still does not work and give back this error

GpGpu Token not available, disabling gpgpu support

There is a problem with my GPU ? Or I m doing something wrong?

Thanks for The help

Jorgen
(@jorgen)

You are right, the command line option is: gpus=[number]

Note, however, I believe you need to have Abaqus license tokens for the GPU, and most people may not have those by default.

-Jorgen

Page 1 / 3
Share: