Synthetic model of ...

Notifications
Clear all

Synthetic model of human tissue  

fea_engg
(@fea_engg)

I am looking for a material that has stress-strain relationships similar to human tissue (see attached figure). The tissue has a very low small strain Youngs modulus (around 10kPa), but increases quickly with strain.

Weve had some success matching the low-strain Youngs modulus using a soft silicone with silicone thinner. However, this material does not possess the nonlinearity of human tissue.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a material (or additive) that could be used in this application?

Thanks!

Douglas

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

That is a difficult one. I would perform a literature search to see if you can find an references on the subject.

You might be able to obtain the desired behavior using a composite structure consisting of a mesh-like (e.g. non-woven) material in a silicone matrix.

-Jorgen

Topic Tags
6 Replies
pipe
 pipe
(@pipe)

Synthetic Human Tissues and Body Parts

Check out Syndaver Labs ([url]www.syndaver.com[/url]). I am not sure exactly what your application is but they might be able to help you.

Allie 🙂

appetite
(@appetite)
Trusted Member

[QUOTE=douglascook,5146.....but increases quickly with strain.

....this material does not possess the nonlinearity of human tissue.

....[/QUOTE]

Hi Douglas

Biological tissues usually follow a strain hardening behavior and thats completely natural and a should-be, I believe.

Why dont you use different Abaqus Built-in hyperelastic material models? Ogden or Mooney-rivlin forms can mimic the exp. data quite well Im sure, if their application can be justified well. You may also like to start from Neo-hookean form, why not?

Cheers,

Amir

jflou2008
(@jflou2008)

Ogden model

Hi Douglas,

I would suggest using the Ogden model for the plot u have attached. I had tested some animal tissue and found that the Ogden model fits pretty well for tissues.

-a

nils98569
(@nils98569)
Eminent Member

Hello,
Many perfumes on the shelves in regular chemists, duty free and department stores are made with synthetic chemicals and are, rarely, just aromatherapy oils, despite what the label says. Labels can make claims that are not backed up in the contents of the perfume. Natural is a widely abused term in the personal care industry, as is nature frequently used where there is precious little natural about the contents.
Thanks

jero85789
(@jero85789)

Youngs model of stress and strain can be used in many firels for analysis and one of them is human behavior.

Share: