Notifications
Clear all

Calcium Diffusion  

yhhuang26
(@yhhuang26)

Hi,

now I`m working on the 3D-muscle simulation which is deriven by calcium. Because of that I need to define calcium diffusion by Fick`s Law. I had searched it in ABAQUS-help and I found DFLUX. I`m fresh in user defined material model therefore can anybody please tell me that Im on the right way and send me an example(for easy to understand and apply it)?

Thanks in advance:)

Burtek

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Jorgen
(@jorgen)

Your approach sounds fine. Note that the Abaqus verification manual has an exemplar DFLUX subroutine in Section 4.1.1.

-Jorgen

Topic Tags
5 Replies
yhhuang26
(@yhhuang26)

Thank you very much Jorgen.:)

nils98569
(@nils98569)
Eminent Member

calcium diffusion

Hi,

Deliquescing desiccants such as Calcium Chloride have wide ranging applications.

most of the numerical models published in the scientific literature use Ficks law as the constitutive equation for the diffusive transport of dissolved ions, neglecting the electrochemical constraints imposed by the various ionic fluxes, which conspire against the local electroneutrality of the system.

In this work, the relevance of electrochemical diffusion and its impact on the nonlinear coupled phenomena concerned by cement degradation were evaluated, on the basis of its influence on the simulation of deterioration of concrete exposed to weak sulfate solutions.

Results obtained show that diffusive approaches based on Ficks law may not be accurate enough for modeling the degradation of cementitious materials since, for the case considered, when ignored, electrochemical interactions in the diffusion process may lead to the inability of reactive transport models to reproduce key phenomena such as gypsum precipitation near the exposed cement surface.

nils98569
(@nils98569)
Eminent Member

Hello,
Nice post i like it
Deliquescing desiccants such as Calcium Chloride have wide ranging applications. Advances in formulation, material blending, tableting, and equipment design have expanded the application range of Calcium Chloride desiccants. Desiccants such as Peladow DG are now used to dry sales gas, fuel gas, sour gas, peak gas, and for hydrate control.
Thanks

nils98569
(@nils98569)
Eminent Member

Hello,
Nice post i like it
Deliquescing desiccants such as Calcium Chloride have wide ranging applications. Advances in formulation, material blending, tableting, and equipment design have expanded the application range of Calcium Chloride desiccants. Desiccants such as Peladow DG are now used to dry sales gas, fuel gas, sour gas, peak gas, and for hydrate control. The operational simplicity of Calcium Chloride offer many advantages over traditional drying methods such as triethylene glycol, including: no VOC or BTEX emissions,

[B][URL= http://www.accumaximum.com]Pipette[/URL][/B]

Share: