PDA

View Full Version : Help: dynamic loading II

Jasonli1125
2008-02-10, 20:12
Sorry to bother again,

But, I still need some further help on my project: since my model don't have any time-dependent properties, so I feel I can still use "static, general" step instead of "dynamic, explicit" step, as long as I creat a sine-wave "amplitude"; I can get results, however, I can't get the parameter vs. time history output (von Mises etc.) because it only gives me the step results, what I want is to get the von Mises vs. time (I divide 1 step into 20 increments by defining the amplitude) to find out at which time point yields the maximum value.

Could any of you give some suggestion or comment on my statement above?

Thank you so much!!!

Jorgen
2008-02-10, 21:15
The selection of "Static, general" or "Dynamic, explicit" really has nothing to do with if the material model is time-dependent or not. I typically recommend implicit simulations (static, general) for all cases unless one of the following conditions apply: (1) the applied loading is so fast that inertial effects become important; (2) the simulation has large sliding contact or some other feature that make it difficult to make the simulation work using an implicit approach.

In your case you should be able to extract the time history results without too much problem. All you need to do is to specify that ABAQUS saves the desired data with a given frequency. That frequency has nothing to do with the number of data points in the load amplitude definition.

- Jorgen

Jasonli1125
2008-02-11, 08:37
Thanks a lot, and I finally get some results.

Though I am new, I feel so good to be here.